21 Questions for 2016 Presidential Candidates
The People for Economic & Social Freedom believe that part of a President's responsibility should be to defend the Constitution and its intent and have issued the following 21 questions to be answered by the candidates.
The oath of office of the President of the United States is an oath or affirmation required by the United States Constitution before the President begins the execution of the office.
The wording is specified in Article II, Section 1, Clause 8, which states:
Before he enters on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve thereby, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
1) Will you take the oath with complete candor?
2) Will you obey, protect and defend only the laws of this "Republic" that are in conformance with the US Constitution i.e. "preserve, protect, and defend" or look to change it by going around it? (i.e. would you trade liberty for security?)
3) What is the highest Constitutional responsibility of the Federal Government?
4) What provision of the Constitution allows the general government to be involved in private enterprise?
5) What does the word "militia" in the constitution mean?
6) How would you treat laws, such as gun control, the Patriot Act – now called the Freedom Act - which affect the 2nd and 4th Amendments?
7) What constitutional provision specifically guarantees the people protection against the imposition of a police state or "Martial law" in this country?
8) This country’s monetary, debt, and banking systems have slipped into a state of chronic potential crisis, which threatens a nationwide collapse, will you support those States that adopted alternative gold and silver currencies pursuant to their reserved constitutional duty in Article I, Section 10, Clause 1?
9) Do you agree that civil asset forfeitures and IRS claims of "structuring" are Unconstitutional without due process of law as clearly required by the 14th amendment and elsewhere? If so, would you immediately sign an "Executive Order" ending such extortions?
10) Please identify some of the economists and philosophers whom you have drawn and relied upon to develop your guiding economic and political principles; and which economists and philosophers do you reject?
11) Would you be in favor of replacing the present income tax with a flat (income) tax or a flat (fair) tax on consumption and ending the IRS?
12) According to surveys a majority of Americans want to cut the federal deficit, yet 58% do not want cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. How would you propose to cut the deficit and limit the size of the federal government in this environment?
13) What expenditures would you ask Congress to actually cut (not simply reducing the rate of increase) from the federal budget to significantly lower the deficit as soon as possible? What Agencies and Departments (e.g. Dept. of Energy, Education) would you fight to eliminate?
14) Our country has $200 Trillion in purported unfunded liabilities. Under what Article[s] and Section[s] of the Constitution are these liabilities purportedly legal? And if legal how and when will they be funded?
15) Do you agree with Agenda 21? And should the United States leave or otherwise limit its participation in the United Nations?
16) Will you adhere to the strict Constitutional provisions for going to war (which last occurred on December 8, 1941) or continue the “Police” action method? Thereby, how would you proceed to deal with ISIS?
17) What legal, social and economic problems does illegal immigration create for this country?
18) If elected, will you initiate an investigation and report to the public why and for what purpose the DHS purchased 1.5 billion 40 caliber "hollow point" bullets – outlawed internationally by the Hague Convention – which it purportedly distributed to nearly all government agencies?
19) With the major banks larger than ever, if one of them fails, according to "Dodd Frank", will they be bailed out?
20) Do you agree that the Trade Bills are “Commerce [contracts] with foreign Nations”? If so, are Trade Bills, which Congress gives fast track authority to the President to negotiate in "secret", constitutional?
21) In your opinion, are Edward Snowden and the other six whistleblowers (who exposed to reporters the Secret NSA spying program, and based on the judgment of the courts that the Government acted "illegally" in disregarding the 4th amendment of the Constitution) traitors or patriots?